Essential FAQs on Child Support: Legal Insights and Guidance

Can I file for child support after the divorce is final?

Yes, child support can be requested any time after the divorce is finalized if there are changes in the child’s needs or the financial status of either parent. You will need to file a modification petition with the court, presenting evidence of the changes to obtain a revised child support order.